Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion: Summer Camp 2018
The Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion’s Summer Camp 2018 is an experience your kids will remember for the rest of their lives.
Campers will get an up close and personal experience caring for some of the world’s most exotic creatures. From releasing and feeding tropical butterflies, to building tarantula homes, to resorting green spaces, to eco-games, and much much more, kids will leave with an appreciation for the natural world that they will build on for years to come.
Each session runs Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm (half-day options available, which end at 1pm.) All campers will be given breakfast and snacks each day.
The programs are designed for ages 6-16. If you child is not within this range but you are interested in signing them up, please contact us for special circumstances.
Over the course of the week, each camper will also complete the Junior Entomologist Program and earn a free annual pass for the following year. Campers will have fun while learning about the diversity of life in their local community.
Camp activities will be held at the museum, at Pennypack Park, and at Pennypack on the Delaware.
- Session A (The Aphids): July 23-27
- Session B (The Bumble Bees): August 6-10
- Session C (The Cicadas): August 13-17
- $300 for the full-day bring-your-own-lunch option
- $325 for the full-day lunch-included option
- $250 for the half-day option (lunch to be eaten at home with this option)
- $35 for early drop-off (8am) and/or late pick-up (6pm)